Here's why Varun rejected Hindi remake of 'The Fault In Our Stars'

Here's why Varun rejected Hindi remake of 'The Fault In Our Stars'
Sunday, July 19, 2015 11:00 IST
While speculations abound on the lead actor's role in the desi version of 'The Fault In Our Stars', industry sources claim Varun Dhawan had recently been approached by the makers, but he declined the offer. When the film was announced last October, he was said to be under active consideration. However, he had debunked the rumours then.

A source close to the project says, "Following the success of his last outing, ABCD 2, the makers decided to approach him, but things didn't quite work out due to date issues. Varun was always the first choice for the role. Getting him on board with Deepika Padukone would have also satisfied our fresh pairing criteria. Now, since he has mentioned his unavailability, we are approaching other actors."

On July 15, hitlist had reported about Sushant Singh Rajput apparently being finalised to play Deepika's love interest in the cine adaptation of the 2012 bestseller, which has already been converted into an eponymous English film. Another source says, "Varun's last two films, Badlapur and ABCD 2, proved to be box-office hits and both released within a span of just six months. So, he is being choosy about the kind of projects he takes up now. He has managed to break away from his romantic hero image and wants to be associated with interesting films in future. So, he is taking his time before committing himself to any project."

Varun, who currently has Rohit Shetty's Dilwale, Karan Johar's Shuddhi and Rohit Dhawan's Dhishoom in hand, was unavailable for comment.

A source close to the actor says, "He hasn't signed any film except these three."

Varun Dhawan no longer part of 'Half Girlfriend' film adaptation?


Varun Dhawan was believed to be in talks with Mohit Suri for the adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's 'Half Girlfriend', but if the latest buzz is to be believed, the young actor is no longer part of it. Sources suggest that Varun decided against working with Suri following the debacle of the latter's last film, Hamari Adhoori Kahani.

Says a source, "The makers had Varun in mind when they made an official announcement about the film in September last year. In fact, they had had a discussion with him and he agreed to take the offer although he had not read the script then. But now Varun is not keen on doing the film and the makers are contemplating approaching Aditya Roy Kapur."

Suri, however, denies the buzz, saying: "There's nothing like that. I haven't even finished writing the script."
Nushrratt Bharuccha Shares Her Thrilling Experience with 'Chhorii 2'!

Bollywood actress Nushrratt Bharuccha is all set to return to the horror genre with 'Chhorii 2', the

Wednesday, April 02, 2025
Mrunal Thakur Relives Her Cherished Childhood Moments with Her Father!

Bollywood actress Mrunal Thakur recently took to social media to share a heartwarming moment with her

Wednesday, April 02, 2025
Sooraj Pancholi Calls Working with 'Kesari Veer' Co-Star Suniel Shetty a 'Dream Come True'!

Actor Sooraj Pancholi is set to make a powerful on-screen appearance alongside Bollywood veteran Suniel

Wednesday, April 02, 2025
Tamannaah Bhatia Immerses Herself in Bhakti at Mata Ki Chowki During Navratri!

Bollywood actress Tamannaah Bhatia captivated hearts with her mesmerizing dance performance at

Wednesday, April 02, 2025
Ranvir Shorey talks about the layers and complexities of his character in 'Kanneda: A Tale of Survival at a Cost'!

A tale of money, music and mayhem, ‘Kanneda’ is not just a crime thriller but a journey of ambition, struggle

Wednesday, April 02, 2025
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT